- This event has passed.
The 5th Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference
11 October 2018 @ 08:30 - 21:00
The 5th Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference (GEIC), will be held on
11/10/2018 in The Hague, The Netherlands hosted by China Cultural Center.
The GEIC, founded in 2014 by the University of Amsterdam Business School and Jilin University, has grown to become an international conference attracting scholars and practitioners from around the world. This year conference theme is “Technology Entrepreneurship – The Driving Force of Contemporary Business”.
Technology entrepreneurship lies at the heart of many important aspects of contemporary economy and business. It is relevant to new ventures as well as to existing firms that have engaged into discovering new technology-based business opportunities within the context of existing or newly emerging market needs.
This conference will examine the role and impact of evolving technologies on established firms, industries and on new business development. Technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Big-data, Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies are some recent examples of innovative technologies that disrupt existing industries and drive the creation of new industries and businesses.
The conference welcomes submissions based on multi-disciplinary approach addressing topics including (but not limited) to:
• Technology and entrepreneurial opportunities
• Ecosystem for technology entrepreneurship and innovation;
• Human capital and entrepreneurship research;
• Innovative token-based business models;
• Technology and the creative industries;
• Innovation and entrepreneurship in terms of technology, finance, markets and policy;
• The roles of universities in enhancing entrepreneurship and innovation;
• Diversity in entrepreneurship research – Gender, immigrant entrepreneurship, multinational ventures;
• University technology transfer and commercialization of new technologies;
• Science parks, incubators, accelerators;
• Entrepreneurship and collaboration along Belt & Road, the ‘digital’ Belt & Road
• Chinese outbound M&A – global as well as country level (eg. Netherlands, Germany, Israel…) studies;
• Funding new ventures – Venture capital, Crowdfunding, ICO;
• Big-data for entrepreneurship research
08:30 – 09:30 Welcome coffee / tea and registration
09:30 – 12:30 Welcome and keynote speeches
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 17:30 Parallel sessions: paper presentation session and entrepreneurs/business round table session
18:00 – 21:00 Conference Gala Dinner
• Registration: Opens on 20 September 2018 online.